Extend due date of GSTR-9/ GSTR-9C till 4th March, 2020
Date And Time : 2020-02-05
Tax Bar Association Guwahati Requested to Finance Minister for extension of due date for filing of GST Annual Returns GSTR 9, 9A & 9C for the year 2017-18 pursuant to the order of Hon’ble Gauhati High Court in Case No. PIL/15/2020. Text of the representation is as follows:-
Tax Bar Association, Guwahati is a prestigious professional association having membership strength of 450 members consisting of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Cost Accountants, Advocates and Tax Consultants.
On 27th January, 2020 we sent a representation to you requesting extension of time for filing of GST Annual Return Forms GSTR-9, 9A & 9C for the year 2017-18 upto 315t march, 2020. However, the same was extended to 3ttl, 5th & 7th February, 2020 in a segregated manner as per messages broadcasted on twitter at around 10 PM on 315t January, 2020. The same has been notified as 5th & 7th February, 2020 as per notification issued on 3rd February, 2020.
Meanwhile, we were informed by our members and many taxpayers that they are facing many problems in filing and it would not be possible to file the same within the allowed time. So, we knocked the doors of Hon’ble Gauhati High Court through a PIL Case No. PIL/15/2020 which was heard today and the Hon’ble Gauhati High Court ordered that a fresh representation be submitted with a copy to Sri S.C. Keyal, ASGI for extension of time by 30 days. Copy of order attached herewith for your ready reference.
We once again request you to extend the due date for filing of GST Annual Return Forms GSTR-9, 9A & 9C for the year 201718 due to the following reasons:
1. GST network/ GST website is slow down and not working properly since first week of January and OTP for filing of returns were not received in several cases. The OTP is received after 2-3 hours which is of no use at that point of time.
2. Uploaded data in case of GSTR 9C is reflected after 2 to 3 hours and in many cases the same was rejected for unknown error.
3. The error “Received but pending” appears as and when we try to upload GSTR 9C.
4. We are unable to upload JSON file in one attempt. Multiple attempts are required to upload a single JSON file.
5. 9C JSON file is not made available for download even after several hours of submitting request for the same.
Therefore due to reasons mentioned herein above and the hardships that are being faced by millions of tax payers, we request your good self to extend date of filing of GST Annual Return Forms GSTR-9, 9A & 9C for the year 2017-18 till 4th March, 2020, in order to mitigate the hardship of taxpayers and professionals.
Download Representation by Tax Bar Association Guwahati